Table of Contents
How to Select Paper Shredders
Utilizing paper shredders such as Destroyit, offers you security against identity theft related crimes and more. These systems are easy to use and come with a range of safety and security features.
But how do you know the right paper shredder to buy?
Factors to Consider When Buying a Paper ShredderHere’s a guide with the factors that you need to look out for when purchasing a paper shredder for your personal, business, or organization use.
Paper shredders are often sold in three security levels: low, mid and high.
- Low-Level Security Paper Shredder: This type of paper shredders offers the lowest level of security. They cut a regular A4 sized paper into more than 40 strips and are relatively affordable. If you wish to use low level security paper shredders, you have to first assess the sensitivity of the documents that you need to discard.
- Mid-Level Security Shredder: Also referred to as confetti cut shredder, these types of paper shredders are the most common. It is hard to recover any documents shredded by a mid-level security paper shredder. It cuts regular A4 paper into 400 pieces and is ideal for shredding credit card numbers and bank information.
- Advanced Security Paper Shredders: These devices can cut a paper into 2000 pieces while the more advanced version can even shred your papers into 6200 to 13,000 pieces. It’s impossible to recover information from these types of shredders, making them popular with government agencies and corporations.
Paper Shredders PricingMost of the paper shredding tools including DestroyIt and Kobra Paper Shredders are affordable. The higher the security features, the more expensive a shredder becomes.
Paper Shredders Features
- Speed: Choose a shredder that offers speed if need be. If you want one for home applications without shredding a lot of papers at a time, you can go for low level security. However, organizations might need one with a higher speed.
- How Many Pages Can They Shred? You need to know how many papers a device can shred on one go. Smaller shredders will do a few papers but commercial models can even shred 30 pieces per run.
- What Happens When There is a Paper Jam? Look for paper shredders with anti-jamming technology. Some paper shredders are designed to deal with paper jamming easily.
- Warranty: This is a no brainer. Normally, shredder warranties cover mechanical parts for a period of one year.
- Energy Saving Features: Look for paper shredders that will reduce your energy bills.
- Safety: Some paper shredders have safety features such as a sensor to protect the user’s hands and nearby items from getting cut. This would be a great addition to your paper shredder.
- Noise Level. Some paper shredders will decrease the noise levels by up to 10 decibels. Before making a purchase, read user reviews on the noise level or test it at the store.