Keep Your Client's Privacy Protected With DestroyIt Shredders
No matter what industry you work in, your client's privacy has got to be of paramount importance. We live in an age where your data can be stolen and put to use by anybody who sets their mind to it. Your job, as a company, is to protect your clients from this as best as you can. Managing data properly is the only way to do this, and getting a good destroyit shredder is one of the best ways to do so. Here's why.
Why Is Data Protection So Important?
There are several reasons why you should be keeping your client's details protected:
- It's the law: First and foremost, it's the law to protect data privacy in the USA. There's no one unifying law, but you'll find that in your state, there will be regulations about how client data is used. It's up to you to adhere to these regulations.
- It protects your clients: Of course, this should go without saying. Your clients will hand over some personal data to you, especially financial information. Your role is to protect that data and only use it in the way you've agreed on with the client. If you don't, you could be putting them in danger.
- Protect your reputation: Of course, it's not just your clients who are affected if you have a data breach. There's plenty of companies such as Sony, eBay, and even Ashley Madison, that saw their reputations suffer when their data was breached. Keeping your data secure is the best way of avoiding this.
What Data Should You Be Protecting?
There are all kinds of data that you should be kept secure. This includes:
- Health records
- Financial records
This is not an exhaustive list, and what data you do have will depend on your business and industry. As a rule of thumb, any data a client gives you should stay between you as a business and them. If it goes any further, that can be considered a breach of confidentiality.
How Do We Keep Data Private?
There are several ways you can protect your client's data, and none of them will involve a lot of time and effort on your behalf:
- Hire a good IT team: If you take orders or information online, then you're going to need a good IT team. They'll be able to keep data secure and stop leaks before they happen.
- Train your staff: Staff must know how vital it is to keep data secure. How you train them in this will be up to you. You may feel they need to attend a course on the matter, or regular reminders may be more appropriate.
- Only take data you truly need: The less data you have on a client, the safer they are. Only take the data that you really need, in order to deliver a service to them.
- Keep written data to a minimum: Write down as little as you can when dealing with a client's data. If you do have to write or print anything out, make sure you shred it when you're done.
DestroyIt Shredders Help You Get The Job Done
Now you know how to keep data secure, you're going to need a shredder that can handle the job. Plenty of offices uses run of the mill shredders that can't handle big workloads, or break down after a year or two. Here at Progressive Business Systems, we've developed a machine that will get the job done, and last for years to come.
- Shredders can handle anything: Paper clips? Staples? A DestroyIt Shredder can handle anything you throw at it. Don't waste time undoing all the fastenings, just feed the papers in and they'll be shredded without a problem.
- DestroyIt Shredders real oily: The problem with other shredders is that they're not made to last. We make our shredders with quality in mind. We keep the teeth oiled, so they can keep going when other shredders can't.
- A shredder for life: We'll service your shredder for as long as you have it. Never buy another shredder again!
Get in touch today and we'll provide you with a shredder that just won't quit. Keep your clients' data safe today!